Movement in music learning...
- keeps brains attentive (keeps us awake!)
- keeps bodies active
- releases energy
- relaxes the body
- brings life to the music
- allows for more ways to express musicality (beyond expression through singing, playing instruments or composing/drawing music)
- reminds us to breathe while we are learning
- increases a child's sense of well-being (we're happier)
- is a confidence-builder
- increases our retention (we remember more!)
- in the ORFF approach to teaching music, music and dance are considered a unified element. Music is not taught without movement and movement is not taught without music.
What do you think about this?