Friday, February 25, 2011

Spectacular Story!


Adrian Anantawan Talks About Easy and Hard
Adrian Anantawan is a Canadian violinist born with only one arm. He has clearly overcome his disability!

Earlier this week my husband and I watched a documentary about Adrian. It was uplifting and inspiring.

Adrian began music lessons at the age of 9.
I love that. All the early childhood research tells us our ability to learn music begins to decline after age 8 and if you wish your child to retain their natural music ability, start before age 8.

Even though I am a complete supporter of early childhood education, a passionate enthusiast and highly trained to work with young children, I too believe beginning sooner rather than later is the way to go.

Having said that, I just love hearing the stories of musicians who began their musical education at later ages.

It's never too late!

Oh...and if you enjoyed this video you might also enjoy this piano/violin duet.

Have a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...